Reset A good password or PIN is difficult to crack but can be difficult to remember. If you forgot or lost your Windows login PIN, you won’t be able to retrieve it, but you can change it. Here’s how.
RELATED:-NEWS CORP AGGREGATOR AIMS TO CRACK FREE FROM TECH PLATFORMS
Resetting Your Windows PIN When Not Signed In
- Assuming you’ve already added a PIN to your Microsoft account, that PIN will make logging into devices much faster. If you’ve been locked out of your Windows PC for any reason, start by going to the login screen and clicking the “I Forgot My PIN” link.
- Input the security code and click “Verify.” Enter your new PIN twice. You’ve now reset your PIN; use this new one when logging in to this device.
Resetting Your Windows PIN When Already Signed In
- If you happen to have access to your Windows device, but still want to reset your PIN, start by opening the Start menu and then clicking the Settings gear.
- In the Windows Settings popup, click “Accounts.” Then, click Sign-In Options > Windows Hello PIN > I Forgot My PIN.
- Enter your Microsoft password and then enter your new PIN twice to complete the change.
RELATED:- SPACEX LAUNCHES ‘DARK’ SATELLITES AFTER ELON MUSK HIT BY BACKLASH FROM ASTRONOMERS
If you ever find yourself tired of entering your PIN, or if you want to change how you access your Windows devices, check out our guide on How to Remove Your PIN and Other Sign-In Options from Windows 10.